I recently finished reading The Shack and since then, this quote from Papa (God) to Mack has stuck with me:
"A bird's not defined by being grounded but by his ability to fly. Remember this, humans are not defined by their limitations but by the intentions that I have for them; not by what they seem to be, but by everything it means to be created in my image."
I have been meaning to post about this for a while but have been putting it off because I'm not quite sure what I want to say about it so, I'm just going to write and see what happens!
In my previous posts, I have often mentioned that I need to know where my limitations are with regard to my knee and ensuring that I don't push myself too hard and end up paying for it later. This challenges that. God knows that I have limitations, yet he still wants to use me. He doesn't see my limitations, he sees the potential I have to fulfil his purposes.
Last week was tough. I was in a lot of pain with my knee as well as being exhausted. I had pushed myself too far and was paying for it. I have tried to cut down on how much I've been doing this week but it feels as though I've been busier than I was last week.
This week was different though as I feel I have been more productive and I have done somethings that have been outside of my comfort zone and that is good as I learn that there are things that I may not be confident in doing at first but once I get going, I can do them. In doing things that are outside of my comfort zone, I learn not to rely on my own confidence and ability but on God and that he will provide the confidence I need in order to complete the task.
There are still things I need to learn though. I need to learn to look at what I can do and not at what I can't and I need to learn that although I may currently have my knee problems, God doesn't discount me so why should I discount myself. I may feel rubbish and useless, but God sees that I although I have weaknesses, he can use them for his good.
Apologies for rambling on and if I've repeated myself, it is good to think these things through and I wanted to share some of my thoughts about them with you.
never apologise for rambling on ...thats the whole point of blogging..so we can read your ramblings.!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this entry...and can sooo identify with it and I dont have knee problems...I think we all have ways in which we "limit" ourselves and dont realise that God will use us "despite" our limitations...good blog..great wisdom and insight....