I was reading my daily devotional the other day, and it was talking about Lazarus being raised from the dead and gave 3 lessons we can learn from his story (John 11). It was the 3rd one that stuck out most for me:
"Jesus can set you free...God's Word was greater than the grave clothes that bound Lazarus; and it's greater than whatever it is that binds or limits you.
You may not completely understand it, but trust that He knows what you're going through, He can restore what you've lost, and He will set you free; pray that your faith will grow, and you'll be amazed that things that seem impossible will be changed by God." (Word 4u 2day, 29 August 2009)
This just confirmed for me that although I don't understand why everything is taking so long for my knee to be sorted, God knows what I'm going through and He has plans for me that are beyond what I can see at the moment.
Recently, I have got completely out of my routine and my days seem to be filling up with 'junk'! I met with 2 friends recently and they have agreed to keep me accountable on my keeping of the routine I started months back but that has now disappeared. Although it means that I need to make sure that I spend my time wisely, it doesn't mean that I can't spend time meeting friends for coffee during the day. The plan is simply to give me more structure within my week.
I am off for a few days away to Southsea with a friend which hopefully means that I will come back feeling refreshed and ready to go for it with my more structured week.
I will keep you up to date with how I am getting on.
No comments:
Post a Comment